Share A Meal!
With residential space for 12-14 men participating in the His Way program plus on-site staff, providing meals is a challenge. Since His Way does not yet have full-time kitchen staff, we rely heavily on volunteers (individuals, families, small groups and businesses) to prepare and bring evening meals.
Providing a meal for His Way is similar to preparing for a family gathering!
- Meals should feed at least 15 hungry men
- Meals can be simple (casseroles, meat + veggies, etc.)
- Food should be in disposable serving dishes
- Meals should be mostly fully prepared (final heating or assembly can be done at His Way)
- Meals should arrive at His Way by 4:30 on the day they will be served
- Dinner is served from 5:00-6:00
What to Expect When You Get Here?
Short Answer: A warm, welcoming environment full of friendly, hungry and grateful men.
All over the world and since the beginning of time, sharing a meal has been a way to encourage, support and build friendships.
Groups dropping off the meal during the day are certainly appreciated, but we also encourage you to feel free to stay around, serve the meal, and even join the staff and residents of His Way for dinner. Something as simple as spending time with these men and taking an interest in their lives can make a tremendous impact!